Financial planners who are looking to take their practice to the next level can benefit greatly from being part of a support network that offers a wide range of resources and benefits. By joining
a community that provides mentorship, training, technical and legal support, advice on marketing, discount deals from suppliers, and peer network opportunities, generic financial planners can enhance
their knowledge, skills, and business acumen.
Through mentorship and training, they can learn from seasoned professionals and gain insights into the industry's best practices, trends, and innovations. Technical and legal support can help them
navigate complex regulations and compliance requirements, while marketing advice can help them reach and engage with potential clients more effectively.
Discount deals from suppliers can also help them save money on essential business tools and resources, freeing up funds for investment in growth and expansion. And lastly, peer network
opportunities can help them build relationships with other professionals in the field, collaborate on projects, and share ideas and experiences.
By being part of a comprehensive support network, generic financial planners can elevate their practice, enhance their reputation, and achieve greater career success.
Here are the benefits that you can gain from this annual membership for generic advice financial planners:
- Learn how to deliver the GAME plan: As a member, you will have access to our expertise and guidance on how to run a successful generic advice financial planning business.
- Personalised 6-MONTHLY support: You will receive two one-hour Zoom meetings with Steve Conley, which will allow you to discuss any questions or concerns you may have and get customised advice to
help you achieve your business goals.
- Stay current: You will be invited to weekly group Town Halls to stay informed of the latest industry trends and developments.
- Access to a comprehensive library: You will have full access to our extensive library of resources, including valuable financial planning information and related topics.
- Unlimited email support: You can email Steve Conley at any time if you encounter problems or require additional support.
- Peer Mentorship: You will also have the opportunity to participate in a structured mentorship program, where you can benefit from the experience and insights of your peers.
- Savings: As a member, you can purchase additional one-hour mentorship sessions with Steve Conley at a 50% discount, representing a significant cost saving.
In addition, you will also receive the following two bonuses:
HapNav License: You will receive a 12-month license for HapNav, our lifetime cash flow planning app, which can help you develop and manage your client's financial plans more efficiently.
MoneyFitt License: You will receive a 12-month license for MoneyFitt, our extensive private finance content library, which provides a wealth of valuable resources to help you and your clients make
informed financial decisions.
This represents a significant investment in your professional development and the success of your business.
The continuous professional development benefits of Membership
For several reasons, membership in a professional support network is important for generic financial planners. Here are some of them:
- Keeping up with industry changes: In the fast-paced and ever-evolving financial services industry, staying up-to-date is crucial for success. By becoming a part of a
professional network, you can gain invaluable insights into the activities of suppliers, competitors, stakeholders, regulators, legislators, tech companies, economists, psychologists, and
environmentalists that impact your clients. This knowledge can help you stay ahead of the curve and better serve your clients' needs. Join a network today and take your financial services practice to
the next level.
- Enhancing professional competence: Network membership allows you to improve your knowledge and skills in various areas, such as marketing, selling, planning, coaching, and
organising. This can help you provide better service to your clients and improve your professional competence.
- Meeting regulatory standards: In the absence of requirements, maintaining standards is a good business practice. In similar industries, market participants must complete 35 CPD
hours annually to maintain their license or certification. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in penalties, fines, or license revocation. Why should it be different just because no
accredited body can verify competence independently? Why can’t we self-regulate for now?
- Building trust with clients: Clients expect their planners to be knowledgeable and competent in their field. Academy membership can help planners build and maintain trust with
their clients by demonstrating a commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
In summary, Academy membership is useful for planners to keep up with industry changes, enhance their professional competence, meet regulatory standards, and build trust with their clients.
Areas Covered by Membership
Areas that could be covered in membership support include:
- technical knowledge and how to apply it
- skills and expertise
- changes to propositions, legislation and regulation
- addressing any learning gaps
Structured Support Examples:
One-to-one mentorship, participating in courses, seminars, lectures, conferences, workshops, web-based seminars or e-learning.
The three areas your documentation should cover are:
- your needs - knowledge gaps and your target outcome of the learning
- how you will meet your needs - a description of the activity you are going to do or have done, including the number of hours
- confirm how you met your needs (once carried out) - how the activity has met the target learning outcome, and if tested, the test result.